As a coach and consultant who has worked with successful leaders & entrepreneurs over the last 10+ years, I can tell you that the key to accomplishing more in a day, that most do in a week comes down to 5 simple factors. I share 4 here:
1. Full Commitment – Whatever you happen to be doing right now, Commit to it. Fully.
2. Avoid Multitasking – This may sound odd; but the truth is, it has been scientifically proven that trying to do more than one thing at a time does more harm than good.
3. Leave NO ROOM for interruptions – This works possible thing that can happen to any high performer will be for you to be in the zone seriously working, and then get distracted by a friend or family. That shit slows you down big time; especially when you consider that it takes an average of 23 minutes to regain focus when you’ve been distracted.
4. Manage Your Emotions – Don’t allow negative emotions like anger, fear, frustration, disappointment, or self-pity to build up inside you. High performer quickly let go, and so should you.
5. Associate With High Performers – by spending time with people who are at a level you want to be at, you tap into their wisdom and learn tips and trick to handle some of the professional challenges that could occur even before they occur.
There you have it.. The five keys to accomplishing more in a day and most people do in a week.
Improving your productivity is just one aspect when it comes to creating extraordinary success in your business while at the same time making a difference in the world.
The most important attribute of successful entrepreneurs and leaders who create great business and organizations is Authenticity. Authenticity begins with being TRUE to your very self.
So Who are you?
I’m not talking about what you name is or what you do for a living. I’m talking about at your core…
Who are you as a person?
Are you on the path meant for you?
Are you seeking to make the difference you’re meant to be making in this world?
If you’re like me, these questions will have you thinking deep right about now. Up until now you’ve probably not thought about what it means to be an Authentic Leader.
Here’s an a paragraph from forbes.com that talks a bit about on key characteristic of Authentic Leaders:
“Authentic leaders are self-aware and genuine. Authentic leaders are self-actualized individuals who are aware of their strengths, their limitations, and their emotions. They also show their real selves to their followers. They do not act one way in private and another in public; they don’t hide their mistakes or weaknesses out of fear of looking weak. They also realize that being self-actualized is an endless journey, never complete.” [Emphasis mine].
So are you self actualized?
Do you really know yourself?
No matter how you respond to those two questions, I want you to STOP everything you’re doing right now and click this link which will take you to an online tool that will help you know yourself better. By answering a few questions , you’ll get to know more about who you are as an individual in the next 10 minutes that you’ve probably known in all you life.